I made this rice along with the Parmesan Romano Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts last night and it was really good. It’s a nice way to sneak some veggies in for the kids and since Cheyenne loves rice and cheese, she absolutely loved this rice.
Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 medium zucchini, grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, cover, and reduce heat to low.
Cook about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from heat, add the butter and zucchini, and cover. Allow to stand 5 minutes, then stir to incorporate. Stir in the cheese, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Let me know if you make this and how you like it!